Monday, January 20, 2014

Partial Circle Skirt, Take 1


One of my last projects finished this past Summer (2013).  (Yeah, I'm posting this realllly late...)



It's my first attempt at a partial circle skirt. The fabric is a cotton batik of pink, turquoise, 
white, mud-green, blue, and purple on brown backing.


Should try ironing moleskin...

Lined with grey moleskin for warmth in Fall/ Winter and a general desire for opacity.
Yes, the lining is asymmetrical because it was also made from a remnant 
(and in order to stay with the partial circle skirt theme).  



The waistband is a simple straight strip with polyester ribbon used as a very stiff "interfacing."
I have not worn or washed this skirt a lot yet, so I'll still have to test whether this was a good move.
Waistband is shut with a skirt hook and eye. 



This fabric was a bit of an impulse buy. Now that I've made it I am hard pressed to find a lot of pieces in my wardrobe that go well with it. I have some ideas (black top obviously, denim jacket?...) and am wondering if I'll have to make some garments to wear with it. But I can still dig through my closet and see if there's anything I've missed or need to reconsider...


Basic Facts:
Pattern: partial circle
Shell fabric: cotton batik
Lining Fabric: polyester moleskin (JoAnn Fabrics)
Notions: skirt/ pants hook and eye, polyester ribbon for interfacing (experiment!)


No comments:

Post a Comment